Account Name: Millennium Smiles - Frisco Account URL: https://millenniumsmiles.com/
Do you wake up feeling refreshed and well-rested in the morning? Or, do you wake up feeling like a member of The Walking Dead and that you got no rest at all despite sleeping for several hours? If you are struggling to keep your eyes during the day, you may be living with undiagnosed sleep apnea, a serious, chronic health condition that does not just impact your sleep but can also lead to diabetes, heart disease, and other serious health issues.
There are a variety of causes, but most commonly, the airway is blocked by the tonsils, adenoids, and/or tongue during sleep.
Here’s how you can tell you may have sleep apnea and how Millennium Smiles can help:
Eight Signs You Could Have Sleep Apnea
1. You snore a lot. Snoring is probably the most well-known symptom of sleep apnea, with pauses throughout the night.
2. Choking or gasping. If you wake up gasping for air or your partner says you stop breathing, you could be living with sleep apnea.
3. Feeling tired despite “getting enough sleep”. If you’re going to bed at a reasonable hour and waking up still tired and sluggish.
4. Unexplained lack of energy. It’s okay to be lazy or relax at times, but if you’re always tired and lack the energy to do things you want to do or need to do, you may be living with undiagnosed sleep apnea.
5. Frequently waking up with a sore throat or dry throat. How does this relate to sleep apnea? When your mouth is open because you cannot breathe, it dries out your throat.
6. Waking up with headaches. Do you wake up with a headache? Around your sinuses or temples? It could be because of sleep apnea-related tooth clenching (another fun side effect of the condition).
7. Lack of focus. Many people with undiagnosed sleep apnea complain about difficulty concentrating on tasks throughout the day. They also often report having difficulty remembering things. Why? Sleep apnea prevents your brain from getting enough oxygen and causes the blood-brain barrier of the brain to degrade, which affects both memory and cognition.
8. Irritability. Are you cranky? Of course, you are – you are exhausted, not getting good sleep, and missing out on critical oxygen! That would make us cranky, too.
Yes, we can! Using state-of-the-art appliance therapy, we can help to open the airway, which reduces the interruptions in your sleep and allows you to feel rested. Find out why appliance therapy is beneficial compared to conventional treatment methods such as a CPAP machine or surgery. Call us now for more information at 972-987-4899.